My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 24 June 2020

Monthly Challenge - June


You would think that as I organise this monthly challenge and pick the letters and words each month that I would have some idea what I was going to do. Sadly I am not so forward thinking and so I struggled to put my ideas down onto this postcard. This is version 3 and I think I managed to achieve what I wanted which was to depict the joy my garden has brought me during the lockdown.
The letter this month is:
G for Garden
and the colour options are Green, Gold and Grey all of which I managed to use.
There is quite a mixture of different brands on this and some very old stamps. I started with a smooshed DI background of blueprint sketch, salty ocean, tumbled glass and faded jeans. Delving into the furthest reaches of my craft cupboard I found this long forgotten Sizzix original (the red chunky one) picket fence die. I keep the thick Sizzix dies (apart from the TH ones) in shoe boxes so I don't access them often. I added some shading in grey along the right side because I was originally going to put the diecut on the right of the postcard. The leafy stamp is an old one from a company called Duo Designs and features the image you see here with a sort of trailing flower intertwined with it. I decided to separate the two images as I feel I will use them more like that. The hanging branch is from a Katzelkraft set. I stamped it in Versafine spanish moss and used a gold pen on the buds/berries whatever they are. The sentiment is by Hero Arts stamped in Versafine smokey grey. The flowers are  a Memory Box die called Springtime Border which I cut twice and watercoloured with water-based marker pens and also sponged gathered twigs DI for the base. I cut one border in half and stuck them together at the base and snipped off flowers from the second to wind round the picket fence. I left one piece hanging over the edge as I wanted to show the exuberance and joy of the flowers bursting out of their boundaries. I added a couple of tiny punched butterflies and a couple of birds cut from an Impression Obsession birch tree die because whilst I have had no human visitors recently, flying garden visitors have been most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...