My inky travels along life's rocky road

Saturday 6 April 2019

Monthly Challenge - April


The first letter in the Monthly Challenge is E and the word is:

ENCHANTED
                        Possible colours options are Emerald, Eggplant and Ecru.
 

We are making postcard-sized pieces of art which can be landscape or portrait. There are various reasons I chose this size - it can be stored in a regular photograph album if wished or bound into a book or held together with a book ring or even put onto a standard sized card blank.
For my enchanted forest postcard I started with a background that I had made with a small gelli plate. I wasn't entirely happy with it so I added some extra colour by pouncing on some Distress Oxides with a mini blending tool. To give a starry effect I splattered some white acrylic paint and added a few punched stars. I stamped, coloured with alcohol markers and cut out the mushrooms and added some white enamel accents for the spots. The fairy is an Intricut die and I gave her silver wings and a silver star on her wand. The leafy frame is an XCut die which I coloured with emerald ink and edged with black. I punched some tiny butterflies from some scraps of Brusho painted paper and the birds were from a Joy Crafts die. The sentiment is from a Cuttlebug die and I have added a little sparkle to the mushrooms with a Wink of Stella pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...