My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 4 April 2019

A New Challenge and a Blog Post At Last!


After many months I have finally managed to summon up the motivation to write a blogpost. A lot has been happening and after packing away my craft stuff for the decorators and then unpacking it all into newish homes I lost my mojo. Most of the previous sites I used to visit for challenges and swaps have disappeared for one reason or another and I realised that I had a vast amount of stuff that I no longer used. I decided to try and use up some of the coloured card blanks, aperture cards etc etc that I no longer required and make up some cards for a local charity. I have used up some stuff (well I've made a small dent) and am happy that a good cause will benefit from it.
I was chatting with friends on a craft forum and a few of us mentioned a lack of motivation. With this in mind I decided to start a new challenge. Each month I pick a word and have to make a postcard sized (10x15cm) piece of art on that theme. I'm hoping to cover every letter of the alphabet in time and if possible to use a colour beginning with that letter as well. Let's see how it goes!
 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs A, you are welcome to take part just put a link in the comments on the relevant post and I can come and see what you've made.

      Delete
  2. So nice to see you back Scrapmate :) I, too, lost my blogging and crafting mojo but feel quite excited by the challenge you have come up with. I am also considering starting an Art Journal and was hunting for a suitable book when I realised I had all the supplies to make my own!!!! Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your craft journey soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping the challenge will motivate us all to revisit our piles of stuff and use some of it to make art for ourselves and most of all to ENJOY what we are doing.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...