My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 9 November 2017

People have birthdays in November too...




I have a lot of birthday cards to make in November for friends and family. It's a pleasant respite from Christmas and gave me the chance to use this new die which I loved as soon as I saw it online. It has a joyous quality about it and I decided to pair it with a colourful alcohol ink background. I haven't played with my inks for a long time but the introduction of Yupo paper has seen an increase in their popularity. The base for my inks is not Yupo paper but as I was clearing out some files I found these subject dividers that had an almost plastic feel to them so I thought they would be a good base for alcohol inks. I used cranberry, lettuce and eggplant and left some of the base clean for contrast. A large circle punch gave me a moon and the text is leftover from a Dymo-style sheet. I mounted it onto a cream blank.
 

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I haven't used my alcohol inks in forever either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely. Such striking design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, love that die too, think it will have to go on my wish list! Love the alcohol ink background. My alcohol inks are languishing on a shelf untouched for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...