My inky travels along life's rocky road

Tuesday 3 October 2017

UK Scrappers Mixed Media ATC Swap


After the success of the previous ATC swap on the UK Scrappers forum we are having another go. You can see my previous ATCs here.
I recently took delivery of my first 2 Distress Oxides (DO) thanks to a voucher from the Craft Barn for my entry in the monthly challenge. I chose wilted violet and broken china and they have been sitting on my desk waiting to be tried out. I started with a larger piece of card and added some blue and green paint with my fingers, then some stencilling with abandoned coral and peacock feathers DI. I rubbed some of both DO's randomly over the card with a foam pad and added parts of a crackle stamp with Versafine smokey grey. The whole card was covered with gesso and when dry I stamped the 'curiouser & curiouser' text from Indigo Blu's Alice 1 set with wild honey DI and a Paper Artsy number stamp with a Kaleidascope inkpad. A bit more stencilling with peacock feathers and some splatter stamping with wilted violet DO was added before I cut the card into ATC sized pieces. Then I used TH's clockwork stencil with broken china DO and spritzed it with water. 
The first ATC on the left has a sentiment from Indigo Blu's wild meadow set and dragonflies punched from card coloured with both DO's. I doodled a scribbly border and added some gems.
The centre ATC has a sentiment that I had made into a stamp a few years ago and a stamped butterfly from Indigo Blu's wild meadow set which I coloured with the DO's and added Wink of Stella to.
The ATC on the right has some flowers from the wild meadow set stamped and heat embossed in the background and some TH diecut wild flowers in the foreground (dandelions? agapanthus? it's hard to tell). The text is a Sizzix die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...