My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 8 May 2020

Monthly Challenge - May


This month's letter is
                                            D for Dance
with colour options of denim and dandelion neither of which I used on this postcard. I had planned to use a very different image but then I remembered this stamp that I don't think I've ever used.
The background was a light base of peeled paint DO followed by twisted citron DO over a stencil. Instead of using my blending foam pads I decided to use my ink dusters which has given a much softer effect. I stamped the image (Papermania Urban Stamps) twice - once on the postcard itself and once on a scrap piece of card. The spare image was coloured with Coloursoft pencils and solvent and then cut out and stuck over the first image (it saved having to fiddle with trying to cut out the feathers on the headdress). I added some art deco type peel-off corners and lines. The text is from an old Non Sequitur set and I added some Wink of Stella on the gown for a little shimmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...