My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 22 May 2020

Lockdown Cards - 5


One of the advantages of this lockdown is that I seem to have got my mojo back. I had been finding it very difficult to get into card-making again and lacked a sense of purpose - so many of the challenges I used to take part in have disappeared and I can't summon up any enthusiasm to find new ones. I feel a desire to keep busy and focussed at this time and hope that these lockdown cards will help raise some funds for my local Hospice whenever they can be sold.
My next card however is not for sale - I have made a few for staff to give to patients/families who are unable to be together due to the current restrictions. In some cases communication has been via Facetime on phones and tablets but sometimes patients find it hard to speak for physical or emotional reasons. I'm hoping these cards can be a way of expressing feelings.
The last stamp I bought before the lockdown was a Gemini stamp and die set from The Works called 'hugs'. It's a nice bold die with a couple of sentiment stamps that cuts into the card rather than cutting out the complete shape. I used it to cut into some white card blanks and then used a circle die to partially cut a semi-circle (thanks for the tip Jennifer McGuire). I then cut out the 'hugs' die from some patterned papers (My Mind's Eye Pretty Please Spring Papers which were a free gift in a magazine) and stuck it on top of the relevant part of the blank. The 'sending' part was stamped and heat
embossed.



A batch of these cards have been sealed and are ready to be posted in a few days in line with safety requirements along with a few extra hug tags I made.

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, just perfect for those "just because.." moments. Think I need one just now:) Had a nasty fall this morning and have a very swollen, incredibly tender battered and bruised knee. Why do we always have a quick look around when we fall over to make sure no one saw??? Daft aren't we? Hope all is well with you and yours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no poor you! Hope you have suffered no lasting damage - alternate hot and cold packs might help. It's true though isn't it you always check whether anyone has seen so that you can hide your embarrassment?

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...