My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 16 September 2022

Contemporary Congratulations

 


It's that time of life when many of my son's friends are getting engaged and he wanted a couple of cards 'without hearts and stuff'. I had seen a card on Pinterest (or maybe someone's blog?), liked the CAS, contemporary style and had scribbled down a quick sketch on a scrap of paper. I forgot to jot down where I saw it but if I find it I will add a link.

I die cut a perforated rectangle, embossed it with an old Cuttlebug folder and added some fun foam behind it. The leaf die is from a Sizzix set - Spring Stems. I painted some Twinkling H2Os in majestic blue and mystic blue onto a scrap of watercolour paper, spritzed it with water to blend the two colours together and die cut the butterfly (I have no record of where this butterfly came from).

I wanted a sentiment in keeping with the clean style of the card and after a few attempts went for this small peel off. A few gems gave the card a subtle sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...