My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 18 August 2021

Monthly Tag Challenge - August


This month's theme is Sugar & Spice with pastel pink and green as colours. I remembered I had an old paper pad called Kitschy Kitchen which had the quote 'Sugar and spice and everything nice' on it so that set me off on a culinary themed tag. The gingham background is from the same paper pad and I ran it through a falling flowers embossing folder (click on the pic for a better view) before edging the quote and the tag with bundled sage DI.

The cupcakes are from a very old (2006) set called Build-a-Cupcake by Banana Frog. I stamped the components with Brilliance coffee bean, heat embossed them and then water coloured them with DIs - spun sugar, scattered straw and tea dye. I added some pink heat embossed 'sprinkles' to the larger icing.The cherries were coloured with embossing pens and heat embossed. The icing on the large cupcake and the smaller cupcake were raised on foam pads. The original cherry on the larger cake had a much bigger stalk and after sticking it down I realised it didn't look quite right so I gave it a smaller stalk and repositioned it which left a bit of an 'oops' mark on the tag which I covered up with some strategically placed sequins coloured with an alcohol marker. Some organza ribbon finished the tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...