My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 5 April 2017

Alphabet ATC Swap - P for Paisley


My second ATC this month is another favourite - Paisley. Although this pattern was named after a Scottish town it has its origins in India where it is known as 'aam' meaning mango or 'badam' meaning almond. If you look at an alphonso mango (which is only available for a few weeks a year) you will see that it is not perfectly oval but slightly pointed at one end. The paisley pattern  is basically a very stylized mango.
I rubbed ripe persimmon, picked raspberry and mowed lawn DIs onto an ATC blank, spritzed it with shimmer spray and then ran it through a paisley embossing folder. I brushed over pumice stone DI to highlight the pattern and added some white dots with a Posca pen. The main image is by Banana Frog, coloured with marker pens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...