My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 1 February 2017

UK Scrappers Pantone Challenge - Flame

 
There is a colour challenge on the UK Scrappers forum. Every month Mystik Nat chooses a colour from Pantone's colour selections for Spring 2017 and provides some inspiration pics using that colour.  We have to make a card using that colour. February's colour is flame.
I went to a craft show at Sandown Park last weekend and picked up a few sets of marker pens. I have avoided getting into Copics etc because I'm not really into detailed colouring and shading and also I was not prepared to shell out loads of cash on getting all 2 million different colours (ok I exaggerate slightly but I would rather buy stamps than pens). These First Edition marker pens were a bargain price and what I liked was that they came in sets of 6 shades of a basic colour eg red, green, blue etc. So having bought all 7 sets that were available I had to give them a try.
I used an Indigo Blu stamp with Memento black ink and had a great time colouring in. The stamp is quite large and fills an A6 card so after trimming it I mounted it onto a red card blank. The vertical greeting seemed to fit nicely in the remaining  white space.

1 comment:

  1. Your colouring is fabulous and your card beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...