My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 26 January 2017

Alphabet ATCs - W for Wood


Another black background for my ATC this month for the word Wood/s as in the material and/or the forest. I have splattered some old Firework Burst colour sprays which look very effective on a black background. Unfortunately these very old sprays by a company called Sticky Fingers no longer work as intended but the colours are still fabulous so I have just flicked them over the base. The birch trees are a die by Impression Obsession. I got the idea on a recent trip to Wisley where the silver birches looked almost luminous as it got darker. The birds which are part of the die set gave a useful pop of colour to the piece.
This is letter no17 and by my rough calculation we should be finishing this challenge towards the end of this year. I am pleased that I have stuck to my intention of choosing 3 different words each month (so far). We have passed awkward letters like Q and X but there is still Z to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...