My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 13 October 2016

UK Stampers Postcard Swap - October


This month's postcard swap has the theme of Autumn. I decided that unlike previous years I wanted to create a postcard with an autumnal feel but no leaves on it. My background was made with Gelatos scribbled onto the card and then blended with a wet finger. I started with yellow and then added a punched circle to mask off the moon before scribbling on the other colours. The tree stamp on the left is by Marion Emberson and comes with separate leaf and blossom stamps to add to the branches. The other group of bare trees is an unknown unmounted stamp. Using a stamp positioner I added an old clarity stamps moon and cloud stamp and then used the edges of that stamp to create a hazy mist effect. It all looked a bit lifeless so I added some Crafty Individual birds from 2 different sets flying south for the coming winter and some text by Paper Artsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...