My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 30 September 2012

The Return of the Calendar Challenge



The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge 2013 has started. This is the challenge that prompted me to start my blog last year and the calendar has been very useful hanging as it does on the wall by my desk. This week's prompt was vellum. I was very taken with the vellum snowflakes by one of the DT on the Craft Barn blog a few weeks ago. I bought a new set of Marianne snowflake dies in Holland over the summer and have been wanting to use them so this was the perfect opportunity.
I made a BG with stormy sky, broken china, faded jeans and tumbled glass DI on a craft sheet, spritzed with water and some gold spray and smooshed the card through it. I randomly stamped some small snowflakes with broken china DI. I die cut the vellum snowflakes with Marianne and Cuttlebug dies. I liked the negatives left by the dies so decided to use one as a mask and sponged stormy sky DI through it. I cut the numbers from Sizzix mango tango and then decided to colour them in gold Krylon to pick up on the gold shimmer in the BG (it's good to start the year with a little gold!). I added broken china DI to the calendar (downloaded from the net) and added a few gems.
Edited to add: I've just been back to the original DT vellum blog post to add a link and I've discovered that Jane has also used a mask and DIs on her calendar tag. All I remembered about the post were the vellum snowflakes but obviously I subconsciously took in more from her post than just the snowflakes. I'm sorry if it looks like I've copied Jane's tag but that was not my intention.

17 comments:

  1. Looks cool. Wonderful colors. Love the look of the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your first month. The snowflakes added a very delicate look.

    Thanks for joining us at CrafBarn challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have your own style which shows through and it is a beautiful page! I haven't got any calendars...didn't think of looking on the internet! Beautiful page, a wonderful one to start kick the challenge off with! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cool colours and snowflakes make it perfect for January.A great start to the challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really captured the chilliness of winter here. A fab calendar page. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you - January has to be snowflakes!! It's a great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stormy background! It really looks like winter! Great work
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your first calendar page and the delicate snowflakes against the blues. Beautiful.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Copy is fine, it means our DT really inspires you. I'm sure Jane will be flattered.
    Great start for the challenge. And the blog is one year old already?
    Take care,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful winter's colours has a really cold feel to it. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous wintery page just right for January!
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is just perfect like that ! Don't worry about your work looks like maybe Jane's one... I love the effects of vellum on it... and your backgroung is beautiful. Thanks for the details. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely distress ink work, great snowflakes !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect January page and I chose snowflakes too - great minds think alike?!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  15. so beautiful and your background is great bravo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely page, love the background and the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely entry! I used the same vellum as you did - january and snowflakes. Let's see how it will be in 2013!

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...