My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 30 March 2012

UKS ATC Swap April 2012



I'm trying to get ahead while I have the time. Faces is the theme of the swap organised by Vonny on UK Stampers for April. As I've just done some face themed twinchies I tried to use different stamps but essentially the stamping and masking technique is the same. Oddly enough this is the first time I've ever done a set of ATCs which are identical but in different colourways. Not earth shattering I know but something new for me. I matched each colourway to a mood
  • blue - sadness, DI tumbled glass, broken china, faded jeans and Adirondack eggplant.
  • green - jealousy, DI bundled sage, crushed olive,  peeled paint and Adirondack meadow.
  • red - anger, DI spiced marmalade, rusty hinge, barn door and Adirondack red pepper. 
The face is an old Rubbadubadoo image and the BG text is by Just for Fun - I'm making an effort to use old forgotten stamps. The main text is stamped with my alphabet wheel stamp - I'm into banners in a big way at the moment so all my little strips of text are being cut in a v-shape. I spritzed water on the completed ATCs so that the DIs would react to add a bit of interest and finished with some co-ordinating card candy.

3 comments:

  1. It's so easy to forget old stamps when you get caught up in the excitement of new ones, isn't it. I love the way you've attributed moods/colours to each one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab, love your colourways !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ATC's love your use of colour, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...