LIM challenge we had to use scraps. I've been looking at the super-organised systems everyone has for their scraps and I thought I ought to 'fess up about mine. I have different stages in my organisation system. I tend to keep scraps of patterned paper inside the pads they come in. Miniscule patterned scraps tend to hang around on my desk along with various odd die-cuts, punched items, scraps of card & other bits I can't bear to throw out. Every now & then my desk gets unbearably messy and I have a tidy up. All my 'might come in useful one day' bits get put into a plastic folder and 'filed' on my windowsill (I have several of these folders at the moment!). I did try sorting them by colour one day but spent most of the time just looking through the bits and then made a couple of cards with some of them (so a result of sorts but not the intended result). The final stage is when my windowsill gets too full and I grab the folders and put them all into a big box. I do sometimes look through the box and sort a few bits out and make a card or two but I am going to have to do a lot more of that if I want to see the bottom of this box.
Anyway enough about my elaborate storage systems (not!) and back to this week's card. The black strip is the leftover bit from the coredinations cardstock I used in the diecut card here. I embossed and sanded it. The circular diecut was something I had cut for a project but it hadn't looked good so I had set it aside. I had a very pale pink piece of Bazill card which I had stamped on but the image had come out badly so instead of throwing away the card I used it last week to try out a new flower die. The colour was very pale and insipid so I sponged Brilliance pearlescent purple on the bottom flower and pearlescent orchid on the top one. A candi dot finished off the flower. So that's it for this week, I shall try and visit everyone but I have a busy week ahead.