My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 5 November 2020

Wishing You Joy


I am determined to only have happy posts on this blog during lockdown so let me start with this card - made just because - it makes me happy looking at it and I enjoyed the process of making it.

The trellis diecut is the same as in my previous card, in fact it was meant for the other card but I ended up ripping the front when I removed the tape holding the die in place so this is the reverse of that diecut. The watering can is a lovely image from an old Katzelkraft set (KTZ251-02) which I coloured in with watercolour pencils. The sentiment is a diecut and stamp by Simon Says Stamp inked with Wilted Violet DO. The yellow centres for the flowers were made with some very old (over 20 years I think) Tulip fabric paint. I thought yellow centres would finish off the flowers nicely but didn't know what to use. Whilst searching through my Posca Pens (I didn't have yellow anyway) I found some old Tulip paint bottles. I know I had gone through them years ago and thrown out the dried out ones so I was pleasantly surprised to find that this one worked perfectly - I'll have to give the others a try soon. So joyous wishes to everyone reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...