My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 12 November 2020

Salvaging A Disaster


 Maybe repurposing would be a better word rather than salvaging. I attempted to make a card several weeks ago with blended DIs and stamping. It did not go well - the blending was very patchy and the card did not look the way I had envisaged in my head. It sat on my desk glaring at me for several weeks but it was something that couldn't be fixed so the next time I needed some card for diecutting I picked it up to use the blank reverse. The die I used was from a set of 2 I bought a few weeks ago at The Works. I cut it out and while poking the waste out, noticed how good the inked side looked. I think the inks were squeezed lemonade, peacock feathers and brushed corduroy DIs. I first used brushed corduroy on the diecut sentiment but it didn't have enough impact so I diecut the sentiment again with black card and stuck it on top to give a more stacked effect. This is what's left of the original card:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...