My inky travels along life's rocky road

Saturday 6 June 2020

Playing with Alcohol (Inks)


I've seen Yupo paper mentioned in relation to alcohol inks for a while but I've never actually seen or felt any so I'm not sure what it's like but it seems to create beautiful effects with alcohol inks which to my mind look more vibrant than the old coated card I'm used to. Alcohol inks seem to have had a bit of a reboot after falling out of favour and I've been meaning to use my neglected collection again.
I remembered that whilst clearing out office things a couple of years ago I had kept some thin
 plastic-y file dividers as I thought they might be useful. I managed to find them and decided to give them a try with the inks. Wow it was fun! There seems more time to move the inks around on this surface and with the aid of an old pen blitzer (I think it belonged to my sons) I was able to puff air at the pools of ink and blender with fab results. One word of warning - please do this in a well-ventilated room - I found the fumes made me quite light-headed.
The one on the left is my favourite made with shell pink, stonewash, stream, denim and gold mixative. On the right is sailboat blue, red pepper, sunshine yellow, lettuce and gold mixative. You can just make out the punched holes from the file divider on it.
I will make these into cards at some point but for now I'm just enjoying the colours and patterns.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea using the file dividers and they look yummy! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just the sort of random, mindless activity that's perfect at the momen!

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...