My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 17 June 2020

Lockdown Cards - 16

Yes I'm still in lockdown so the lockdown cards will continue. Things are definitely not 'back to normal' (will they ever be?) and I feel no great urge to rush out and go shopping for anything. That's not to say that I haven't done any online shopping LOL but nothing craft-related. I've been exploring bits of my craft stuff that I haven't used in a long time and at the moment I'm quite happy to do that. Since March all I've bought are some C6 envelopes, some C6 cello bags, replacement plates for my Cuttlebug, a pack of new blending foam pads and a Winsor & Newton Cotman watercolour set of 12. 
This card was inspired by a Gina K video on You Tube where she was showing her latest drop of stamps. I liked the idea so I decided to create my own version.


In the tute she used some special tacky masking paper but I just cut a circle mask with a framelit die and held it in place while I blended fossilized amber, mowed lawn, barn door and salty ocean DIs in the gap. I then used my stamp positioner to stamp the flowers in Versafine onyx black. I have no idea who made this stamp but I have it in a smaller version as well (I think I have a similar Katzelkraft one as well). I like the way it pokes out of the circle. The sentiment is from an old CDees set called Celebration Messages.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours you used for your gorgeous ink blended circle and the silhouette flowers are fabulous! Stay safe! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...