My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Lockdown Cards - 12



It took a while to decide what to do with the alcohol ink pieces I made in the previous post. I found it tricky trying to enhance rather than conceal the beauty of the colours and the patterns. Many diecuts were rejected and then I thought I would just let the background shine with a simple sentiment. I matted the piece with some dark blue card to frame it and mounted it on a white card blank.


This piece did look better with a bigger central sentiment - this one is an old Hero Arts set of 4 called 'A Great Big'. I put it on a gold card blank which brings out the gold mixative in it.
I enjoyed making these so I made a couple more. The first is citrus, cranberry, terracotta and sunshine yellow, matted on gold with a simple sentiment and one of the many butterflies I've folded.


Next is cloudy blue, watermelon, oregano and eggplant.


I had a lot of fun playing with alcohol inks again and I much prefer the effect of this method of puffing air on them rather than dabbing with a felt pad.




2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love these, like you I think just a sentiment is enough and allows the background to shine. Hope you haven't run out of puff now:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what your have done with your alcohol ink pieces, they look gorgeous and very cool! Stay safe. Hugs xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...