My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 12 June 2020

Lockdown Cards - 13

Having typed the title above I'm wondering how long I can continue with the lockdown theme. Next Monday in England all non-essential shops will be allowed to open provided they can adhere to the safety and social distancing rules. Am I going to rush out and shop like crazy? No I don't think so. I would like to give my custom to local businesses but as far as the virus is concerned I don't feel anything has changed - there is no way of spotting who has the virus until it's too late and there is no vaccine as yet. Do I continue making 'Lockdown Cards' until I go back to volunteering or do I change to just making 'Cards'? One thing's for sure - I have already made more cards and posted more on this blog  than the previous 2 years. I haven't decided yet if things will change but until then here's something a little more cheerful:


I love this pair of Indian runner ducks from Crafty Individuals - they always make me smile. I stamped them, coloured in their feet and beaks and cut them out in order to put them on this landscape background which is a set of dies by Sizzix. The sentiment is part of the same Crafty Individuals stamp set.
Whilst the set was out I also made this:


The background paper is from the  My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio range cut with a Sizzix Tim Holtz ornamental die.

3 comments:

  1. No I shan't be hurrying off to the shops either! Indian runner ducks always make me smile and I enjoyed your lovely cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! Those ducks are so cute and funny at the same time! Love them! I have the sentiment, it was a little gift from crafty individuals once. I really like the landscape die set, I must try and find it. I won't be shopping either. We have been isolating from the beginning as really don't want to risk getting it and so many people are behaving irresponsibly it makes me fearful. Stay safe. Hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Chris. The die is a Sizzix Emily Tootle die called build a landscape no 662839. It also has 2 trees and 3 clouds. I bought mine from Countryview Crafts but it's an old die. You may find it on eBay.

      Delete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...