My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 22 March 2023

Monthly Challenge - February

 

Playing catch-up (again) and I've managed to complete February's tag. The theme was Dreams/Dreaming and I had problems coming up with an idea until I heard a reference to Martin Luther King on TV and it all fell into place.

The text is a stamp by Katzelkraft of the famous 'I have a dream' speech. First I stamped the lady (an old stamp by Non Sequitur) on the tag with Versafine onyx black and coloured her in with Coloursoft pencils and Sansodor and a metallic gold pen for her earring. I covered her with a mask and then stamped the text. Keeping the mask on I tore a strip of paper on both sides to make a mask for the text and used wild honey DI over the remaining spaces on the tag.

Pulling the masks off revealed the tag but the space above the ladies head looked rather empty. I debated using a stencil over the background but then decided that some die cut flying birds would look better so I coloured a scrap of card with broken china DO and used a Sizzix die. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...