My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 17 March 2022

Monthly Tag Challenge - March



 

This month's theme for the tag challenge is 'Circles' and bright colours. I wanted to pay homage in a small way to the people of Ukraine and the terrible things that are happening in their country.
 I used the Crafter's Companion spots and dots rotation stamp with Impress lemon yellow and Versafine majestic blue. Although you normally use 4 colours with these stamps I used 2 but double-stamped the second blue and yellow for a slightly darker image. I know the blue is not quite the correct shade but it was as close as I could get.

Having cut out my tag shape (8x12cm) I wanted some sunflowers on the tag as they are the national flower of Ukraine. I don't have a sunflower die but I have a Sizzix Bigz daisy die that I cut 4 times and layered to create my sunflower. The die has 3 different sizes of daisy, this was the smallest but I used the centre of the largest die for the middle. I coloured these with a brown alcohol marker and then stamped a speckle stamp over that in black for the seeds.
The leaves are from a Lisa Horton variegated leaf die and I embossed the veins with an old Cuttlebug maple leaf embossing folder.

I didn't know what to put on as as wording for the tag - there really are no words to describe the plight of the Ukranians. I debated adding 'Slava Ukraini' which means glory to Ukraine but then remembered I had a stamp (coincidentally part of a sunflower stamp set) which I felt was appropriate. I stamped it in the same blue and yellow to give a shadow effect and mounted it on foam pads. Some yellow and blue ribbon finished the tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...