My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 11 August 2019

Monthly Challenge - August


This month's letter for the monthly challenge is L for Lace with colour options of Lavender/Lilac, Lemon and Lime I had a few ideas in my head and for once I actually managed to (sort of) create what I imagined. I know that this would have been perfect for June's W for Wings challenge but sadly this did not come up in my thoughts then. I was going for a collage type effect this month and didn't really want the lace to be the focal point.
The background started off with DO's in fossilized amber and spiced marmalade roughly brayered over the card. I added TH's lace stencil in twisted citron DO but wasn't happy with the effect so added a few torn strips from a book and lightly gesso'd over all of it. As it was drying I used a hessian effect background stamp in places where the gesso was a little thicker to add some texture (this would have been more effective if I'd thought of doing it before most of the gesso had dried!). I decided to try the TH lace stencil and twisted citron DO again and this time I was happier with the result. I wanted some splatters so mixed up a little scarlet Brusho and water. When dry I added a lacy border die cut (a very old Xcut one) and a strip of lace held in place with some flower brads. The scribble circle die cut is by TH and the bird is a Katzelkraft stamp. I added some ruled lines and stamped the quotation from a  Hampton Arts stamp and die set. Finally I added some clear sequins and a few tiny gems.
Here's a better view of the sequins:





1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the fabulous background for the pretty bird in its squiggle nest. Fab quote too! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...