Friday, 8 April 2016
UK Stampers Postcard Swap - April
Say 'hello' to version 3 of my postcard for this month's swap on the UK Stampers forum. There had to be a face on the postcard and my initial idea was to use a very different stamp with some masking. However that did not work out at all as I imagined it (it was a disaster!). Version 2 involved the face stamp above (it's by Non Sequitur and I got it in a grab bag) with stencils and little flowers but that didn't work out either.
I've been following Carolyn Dube's Let's Play weekly workshops/tutorials and some of her advice has obviously rubbed off on me because I decided to go with the flow and see what would happen. As she always says 'What's the worst thing that can happen? You waste a bit of paper'. I roughly applied acrylic paint over reject no2 (you can just about see a couple of the original flowers on the right hand side) and stuck small bits of gold foil (from an Easter egg) here and there. I had a scrap of bubble wrap on my desk so I grabbed that and inked it up with Impress peony purple and stamped bits all over. The circles were 2 Memory Box diecuts left over from a project (they were cut from different patterned papers so I flipped them over to the blank side). I made some lines with a plastic hotel keycard and Impress cherry pink. Weirdly it all seemed to come together in a much better way than before. I added the stamped image, some die cut words, some photo corners and a squiggly border. Job done!