My inky travels along life's rocky road

Monday 14 September 2015

UK Stampers Postcard Swap - September


I am hosting this month's postcard swap on the UK Stampers forum. As it's September I decided on the theme of 'School Days'. My first idea was to make a postcard using the chalkboard technique but I was not happy with the end result which you can see here:


So Plan B was to use part of a Graphic 45 Alphabet Soup sheet. I inked the edges of the card with tea dye and walnut stain DI. The main image was coloured with coloursoft pencils, the alphabet frame was on the reverse. The text was cut from a Sizzix Hunky Dory die. I added some ink blots with 2 Katzelkraft stamps and archival grape. The pen by Clearly Impressed was stamped and heat embossed. As the postcard will go through the post naked (without an envelope) embellishments have to be designed to withstand the rigours of the mail system.
If you would like to take part in this swap then just follow the link above. For the cost of a stamp you could be receiving some happy mail too!

1 comment:

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...