My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 15 February 2015

Poppy Planting Album


I've been meaning to make an mini album of pics from my day at the Tower of London planting poppies in the moat last October. I finally got around to starting it and by coincidence the Craft Barn Challenge for this week was to make a mini album.
It's a simple album consisting of  the covers and 5 pages  bound with my Bind-it-All. I'm hoping to follow one of the numerous knitting patterns and add a knitted poppy to the front. I've had this paper for ages (a Colorbok collection) and it seemed appropriate. I will try and add more pics later but I'm going out and trying to catch the deadline for entries.


 
I used my Clearly Besotted poppy stamps, a poppy head stencil and an Indigo Blu poppy stamp.
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. oh, you lucky thing! I regret not volunteering now... I do love my poppy though!
    Ihope to see some of the other pages of your album really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fab project Rukhshana ! Love the cover !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That event did deserve an album! The cover is wonderful, I bet the pics inside are awesome too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your album looks awesome! Fabulous cover xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful lasting memory of the part you played in the commemorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely album to remind you of an amazing day. I visited the poppies twice and was very moved by them. Thank you for taking part in the challenge.
    Jane (Craft Barn) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful way to store your memories of the day you helped to 'plant' those fabulous poppies. Beautiful album x

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing pictures of the poppies, breathtaking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...