My inky travels along life's rocky road

Tuesday 22 May 2012

LIM 68 - Baby or Child Card


Thanks for all the kind comments last week. This week's challenge on the Less Is More blog is to make a card suitable for a baby or child - a theme that didn't really have me jumping for joy (hence the tardiness of my post this week). I very seldom need to make a baby card these days and am not really into cute stamps so after much scratching of my head I came up with this. When I used to make kid's cards I found the best way was to put the child's name on the front or to use an excruciatingly bad pun (snappy birthday with a crocodile was another favourite). I used tumbled glass & broken china DI for the background and a Komodo stamp for the seaweed. The fish are a Cuttlebug die. I added some glossy accent air bubbles and a computer generated sentiment. The aperture has been covered with acetate to give a goldfish bowl appearance.

15 comments:

  1. Your post made me laugh - can imagine you sitting thinking up bad puns then making a card to suit! Like this one though - the acetate was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little fishes !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little fish bowl, the inking is great and I reckon it's a great design for a kids card, they love a pun don't they !!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card - great for kids.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really sweet! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a sweetie, I'm sure kids would love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card - that sentiment has always been a fave of mine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your gold fish bowl. The sentiment is perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a sweet card :-)
    Thank you for your lovely comment

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a sweet card :-)
    Thank you for your lovely comment

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the "fishies!" Great card and the sentiment fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, thanks for your comment on my Less Is More entry last week. Like you, I've struggled with this weeks! I struggle with making kids cards CAS, and have no need for baby cards at the moment! So I haven't made one at all! I love yours - I'm sure it will make a little kid giggle! Those fishes are cute! M x

    ReplyDelete
  13. your card is so sweet for a birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just FAB
    Great for a youngster
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, fishes and bubbles! It's great for kids.
    A really nice card.

    Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...