My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 2 January 2022

New Year, New Stuff!

 This is a picture heavy post but doesn't show any cards, just backgrounds for potential cards. With Christmas out of the way it's a nice time to just relax and play and I have a few new things to play with. Towards the end of last year I bought some Crafter's Companion stamp and die sets. This of course led to browsing the CC website and receiving news of more offers leading up to Christmas. One offer that caught my eye was a bundle of 7 sets of rotation stamps for an extremely good price. Yes I bought them!

The stamps themselves don't look like anything much when you see them but the idea is you stamp them 4 times with the help of a stamping platform and turn the card stock 90° and change the ink colour each time to achieve a pattern. I haven't yet tried using just one colour but I guess that would work too.

Some of the sets create a wreath effect and have an additional sentiment stamp for the centre. Some create an allover pattern. I've played with some of the sets and these are my first results. The card stock is 14cm square in each example.

Please Note: Below are just examples of the backgrounds I have made using the Crafter's Companion rotation stamps. In line with Crafter's Companion's Angel Policy these cannot be mechanically reproduced.

First is Flutterby Wishes with Memento inks in bamboo, sweet plum, love letter and peanut brittle.



Next Rustic Botanicals in Impress inks spring green, cerulean blue, lemon yellow and peony purple.


Buds & Blooms in Brilliance inks orchid,sky blue, lime and lavender.




Meadow Wreath in Versafine inks crimson red, imperial purple, majestic blue, spanish moss.



The final example is the one I was attracted to in the first place Dots and Spots in Memento pear tart, paris dusk, love letter and sweet plum. This would make a fabulous background to a card with a bold sentiment and different colours would alter the look completely.


I am looking forward to turning all of these into cards soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...