My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 9 December 2021

A Holly Jolly Christmas


 That is the sentiment inside this card (an old Hobbycraft stamp). The card, which I'm quite pleased with, came about as a result of a request for a holly-themed card. I like the fact it's clean and simple and uses traditional colours.

The card features inlaid diecuts which I was inspired to do by watching Natasha Foote's YouTube channel. The holly was cut with Tim Holtz's mixed media Christmas die. I kept the pieces and coloured them with alcohol ink markers. I added a double sided sticky sheet to the back of the 'waste' and then it was a simple process of fitting all the pieces back in.

The sentiment was a magazine freebie in the shape of a bauble. I snipped the words out and then decided to make to holly berries pop a bit more by adding clear Nuvo drops. Make sure that where there are two or more berries together you do one and wait for it to dry before doing the second one. That way you get nicely defined berries rather than a big splodge (you can guess how I discovered that!). It was all mounted on a white A6 card blank. I contemplated colouring a border around the outside edge but decided I preferred it without a frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...