My inky travels along life's rocky road

Saturday 3 July 2021

Monthly Tag Challenge - July


 

I'm quick off the mark this month because I knew what I wanted to do as soon as I saw the theme (which doesn't happen very often). The theme was 'Moon & Stars' and my first thought was a galaxy background. My second thought was to use a new die I bought recently - Birds and Stars by Pete Hughes for Sizzix.

I cut out my 8cm x 14cm tag and then used the star die. This die cuts the shapes into the card and gives you lots of small stars as well. I randomly applied mustard seed, picked raspberry, seedless preserves and cracked pistachio DIs with my blending brushes and then went over everything with Versafine onyx black. Some white acrylic paint was flicked over and then I backed the whole tag with silver card. I added a few of the white waste stars for a little contrast and used a scrap of silver card to cut out a crescent moon. The sentiment was a magazine freebie which I double heat embossed in silver. The tag was edged with black ink and a silver ribbon added.

It's been a long time since I've made any tags and I'm really enjoying it.

1 comment:

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...