My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 25 March 2021

Monthly Challenge - March


 This month's letter is:

                             P for Patchwork

The colour options are Pink, Purple and Platinum.

Last year on my way home from a trip to London I bought a set of dies from a charity shop. They were Crafter's Companion patchwork dies and at £1 each for a set of 2 dies I thought they would be useful for my papercrafting so I bought all 4 sets. At the time I had no idea that we would go into lockdown shortly after and that would be my last trip to London for a long time.

I remembered these dies when the theme for this month's challenge came up and decided to use the clam shell die. I collected 5 different patterned paper scraps in pinks and purples and used the die to cut multiple shapes of each one. The purple ones were run through a lace embossing folder, one of the pink papers was stamped with a Crafty Individuals text stamp in Brilliance platinum planet and a small flower was stamped in Versamark onto the lilac shapes and perfect pearls brushed on top.

I worked out how to arrange them and then stuck them down onto a piece of card. Not  having thought further than that I looked at the card and couldn't think what to add to it for the focal point. Finally I had an idea - an old Tim Holtz stamp and die set called framed silhouettes. I cut the frame from some card on which I had added some silver sticky back foil. I didn't want to use the stamp that goes with it but wanted to add some texture to the frame which I did with a 3D embossing folder called floral mandala. I added another plain frame at the back for some more dimension. I stamped the portrait in Versafine onyx black and die cut it (I should have just cut it out from black card). Finally I added a die cut word from Tim Holtz script friendship words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...