My inky travels along life's rocky road

Tuesday 16 March 2021

It's a Puzzle!

 Oh dear we're already halfway through the month and I haven't posted anything in March! That's not to say I haven't been crafting  - I'm trying to make progress on a cross stitch scene I started a couple of years ago and I've told myself I need to get it finished before I can start anything else.

I did put my needle down in order to make this 'card' for my great nephew. I've noticed a trend for jigsaw related cards recently and it reminded me that I have a Sizzix Bigz die called Puzzle Maker #2.

I had some snakes and ladders patterned paper from which I die cut 'Happy Birthday', making sure to keep all the small pieces. I stuck this onto a piece of mount board. I used the same die again with some blue card and inlaid the letters. When the glue had dried I used the puzzle Bigz die to cut the pieces.The outer waste made a nice frame which I mounted onto some white card. Our message will be written onto this and it makes a handy tray to fit the pieces into. It came together very easily and was fun to make. The Bigz die cut through the mount board easily and has made me want to look through my Bigz dies to see what else I can use my mount board offcuts with. 

I shall send the frame with the pieces removed so that the recipient can put it together for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...