My inky travels along life's rocky road

Saturday 20 February 2021

New Die!


 I was tempted by a die on ebay. I reasoned that it was a good basic die that would be especially useful for male cards. As soon as it arrived I had to try it out. I used the geometric 3D embossing folder for the background and rubbed it with Nuvo embellishment mousse in Mother of Pearl.

The die is made of 2 parts - the base and the outline. I decided to go for an ombré effect and used my Triblend alcohol marker pen in Jade. I stacked both parts and then added another layer at the bottom. I wanted extra dimension so decided to mount the whole piece on foam pads. It was very fiddly and I don't think I'll be doing that again! Some sequins finished the side fold card.

While I had the die out I made another card with it - this time with the True Blue Triblend marker. I used some old scrapbook paper for the background and cut the stars from a scrap of patterned paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...