My inky travels along life's rocky road

Saturday 29 August 2020

The Wreath Builder



 I've been spending (wasting) a lot of time on You Tube recently and one of the channels I've been watching has been Jennifer McGuire's. She has made a few videos using the Gina K wreath builder which is a template that you use with a stamping platform to help you place stamps to form a continuous circular(-ish) pattern. There are various instructions online to make your own template which I had a go at but then I saw something similar for sale on eBay and bought it. Below was my homemade attempt. As you can see it’s not perfect as the images are not equally aligned but it was enough to convince me that I would enjoy using this template.



The beauty of this is that you can use any stamps to build up a wreath shape and it is a great way of using up some of the smaller filler stamps you get in sets. I started with a floral themed one but any stamps can be used. I used some Altenew stamps from the beautiful day set with Impress spring green, Memento bamboo leaves and some Brilliance ink pads. I then added some tiny stamps from a couple of old Paula Pascual sets. When I'd finished stamping I coloured with alcohol markers and added some gems and glossy accents to the larger flower centres. The sentiment is from a Paula Pascual set stamped in Versafine spanish moss onto a diecut circle with a larger circle in orange underneath. I mounted this onto some diecut foam for extra dimension. The 4" square panel was matted onto some orange card with the corners punched out and then placed on a green square card blank.
I'm eager to try some more techniques with the wreath builder.




2 comments:

  1. ooh both of these are fabulous especially the top one. So many layers and colours. I think I need a wreath builder template myself! Take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine's a UK version not the original Gina K one that I found on eBay.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...