My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 5 August 2021

Charity Shop Finds


 With the easing of restrictions in the UK I have been out and about a little more and popped into some charity shops for a look around.One of my finds was a Hunkydory book called Floral Flourishes. This is a 6"x 6" book of die cut floral shapes for colouring. It's quite relaxing to sit with some alcohol markers and colour a few. The card above has 2 such die cuts layered with foam and some scraps of patterned paper left over from making a mini-book. Some of the die cuts are gold foiled , some silver and some outlined in black. As the ones I used are gold outlined I embossed the sentiment in gold.

The second card is a mini slimline and uses some more coloured die cuts matted onto red and gold card which was cut with another charity shop find - a Tonic Verso shadowbox insert die set.


The third card uses the die-cuts in one of my last aperture card blanks. Years ago when I did crossstitch cards I used to mount them in aperture card blanks and this is one of my last ones. The floral medallion was layered with foam pads, mounted onto a stitched circle die cut and then some red card was used to fill the aperture.
You will probably see some more cards made with these die-cuts soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...