My inky travels along life's rocky road

Tuesday 21 July 2020

A Slanted Trifold Card



I have spent a lot of time on You Tube watching demos recently and one of these was this card fold by Lisa Curcio of Lisa's Stamping Studio.
Most of the items I've used have been in my collection for a long time so I'm happy I've been able to give them an airing (and use some of them). I'm not giving dimensions here because it's all explained in the video. She shows the dimensions I used about 30 minutes into the demo.
My base is a cream coloured card with a woven texture but you don't actually see much of it because all sides are covered with paper from a very old Papermania Scrapbooking kit. Using the paper as a starting point I went for a vintage theme and muted colours with just a pop of green so things didn't look too bland.The butterflies were all punched from leftover scraps of paper and the Paula Pascual sentiment was stamped with Impress spring green on the leftover card that was cut away to make the slant.
This is one side flattened out to show the different sections:


The far right has flowers made with a Memory Box die and a smaller flower which I made by punching a circle, cutting a spiral from it and rolling it up with a pair of tweezers. The leaves are a Marianne Design die. The left hand side is a quote that I had made into a stamp many years ago stamped with Archival sepia. I've left the centre section blank for a message.
This is the other side:


Another blank page on the left and then a Funstamps flower stamp which I watercoloured with some spiced marmalade DI. The flowers on the right are a Sizzix die called rose border which I diecut twice in green and the patterned paper and added the cutout flowers.
This isn't really the sort of card I usually make - too much measuring and a bit fiddly for me - but it was fun to do and it's good to try something different for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...