Monday, 30 January 2012
LIM challenge blog. Although I'm only a recent convert there are many regulars who have been showing their CAS cards right from the start. This week we had to follow a sketch very literally ie no slight variations at all. I used a mushroom stamp from Kars which I coloured in with my Coloursoft pencils & Sansodor and added white enamel accents for the spots. I added my lovely Stampotique moongirl and painted her wings with iridescent medium (hard to see I know). The sentiment is an old Hero Arts one. I mounted the border panel on a scrap of red card to make it stand out a bit. Hope you like it.
Saturday, 28 January 2012
Katzelkraft forum. We were given 4 colours to use on our card. I used the CB holly border embossing folder on the cream base card. A strip of patterned paper and a strip of glossy card with sailboat blue, latte & caramel alcohol inks. The main image is from Katzelkraft's contes et merveilles plate which I stamped with Adirondack espresso and painted with Brilliance beige & sky blue inks. I added Candi dots to finish the card.
Friday, 27 January 2012
Craft Barn blog they looked at the colour wheel and challenged us to make a tag. I found it very interesting and did some online research into hues, tints, shades & tones. This tag uses a triadic colour scheme - 3 equidistant colours on the colour wheel green, orange & purple. The background is made of Impress inks in emerald, chartreuse & spring green. The dots are an Artistic Stamper stamp and the text is from Fiskars for the birds set. I stamped the flowers (by Studio G) in spiced marmalade & rusty hinge DI, cut them out & mounted them on the tag (1 of them is on foam pads). The flower pot is a punch which I coloured with Adirondack eggplant and stamped some stripes with a Hero Arts stamp. I drew on the stems and added some candi dots and some ribbon.
Monday, 23 January 2012
Less Is More guidelines. If it isn't please delete the link. I had this idea while I was thinking about apertures for this week's challenge. I wanted a ripped aperture revealing some eyes. It didn't quite have the impact I wanted in white so I went for black and the rest just fell into place. The stamp is one I had coveted for ages and then I saw it as part of a grab bag on ebay. I felt it was meant to be! It is stamped with Adirondack lake mist as black was too harsh. The text is computer generated.
Less Is More - we had to include an aperture on the card. I couldn't have made this card without my stamp positioner. If you don't have one, buy or make one as it opens up a world of possibilities. Placement is key in a card like this. I used a B Line Design stamp that I got as a gift on the LB Crafts stall at an exhibition. It's a small stamp that's been made into a necklace with beads and string. I stamped it and the text (by Inkadinkado) with Impress peony purple. The oval and the rectangle were both done with punches. I felt the bright colour needed some contrast to tone it down a bit so I went for this sagey green ribbon and bundled sage DI. The stamp in the 4 corners is another B Line Design one that matches the lady's skirt. It's actually a square but with the stamp positioner and a bit of scrap paper I managed to get it exactly where I wanted it. Hope you like it.
Monday, 16 January 2012
Sunday, 15 January 2012
Now onto this weeks which is a one layer card on the theme of birds. You have no idea how many bird stamps I rejected in favour of this one. They were all too big, too grungy, too ornamental, too plain etc etc etc. Finally I went with this little Studio G stamp. I was still undecided as to whether the card looked finished - it was missing something but I wasn't too sure what embellishments were allowed under the CAS one layer guidelines. The card needed a bit of colour so I tore a couple of strips of paper and sponged between them in Brilliance pearlescent orange (the colour hasn't scanned too well and is more orangey IRL). Why orange? Why not? I could have gone for blue or green but why play safe? I think it needed something more offbeat to stop it looking boring and the pearlescent sheen definitely adds more interest. I still thought it needed something else so I present bird card mark 2
Tuesday, 10 January 2012
Edited to add - I now know this is called a Double Dutch Fold Card and I 've linked to a tutorial.
Monday, 9 January 2012
Sunday, 8 January 2012
Less is More challenge blog - the clean style appeals to me. Now I have my own blog I thought I would give it a go. This week's challenge is 'predominantly purple'. The flower stamp is the agapanthus one by Stampendous with the word stamp from Katzelkraft's Norris fleurs set stamped with Stazon vibrant violet.
Sunday, 1 January 2012
blog and I though I'd give it a go. First problem was I didn't have a suitable journal. My books all have thin lined paper which would not have been suitable. I have a pad of watercolour paper which I thought would work so for the moment it's pages for a journal. The theme was buildings so I used my Paper Artsy bricks & mortar sets. My BG is broken china, peeled paint & brushed corduroy DI spritzed with copper and maple Sticky Fingers sprays. I randomly stamped the sequin waste stamp from a Christine Adolph cube with pumice stone DI and circles from an Inkadinkadoo set with weathered wood DI.. The top & bottom edging is a TH vintage lace die cut and the word home is stamped with a Paper Artsy alpha. I've written along the roofs of the houses 'a house is not a home if there's no one there to hold you tight and no one you can kiss goodnight' which is the message of this page. Buildings are structures but what makes a building a home is love.